It begins in the XV century when the city of Brussels decided to buy out the building. In the XVI century it became property of the Van der Rosen family.
Destroyed by fire, it was rebuilt in 1702 by J.B’t Serstevens.
It was restored in 1885 in the Flemish style of the XVII century. It has 3 orders: Doric, ionic and Corinthian.
In February 1919, “the national federation of soldiers of 14-18” was founded. Today the restaurant is an inevitable restaurant of the grand place of Brussels. The restaurant is called “La rose Blanche”.